The principal doctor, Dr. Habib is a qualified and highly trained medical acupuncturist who has been practicing for many years. Acupuncture is fundamentally used to assist in the management of acute and chronic pain which can help with the body’s intrinsic healing process following injury, pain or trauma. Medical acupuncture usually involves the insertion of very thin needles in the surface layers of the skin in strategic body points. Traditional Chinese Medicine often explain acupuncture as a technique or method for balancing energy, and the flow of blood that flow through pathways in the body. This medical clinic offers various types of acupuncture:
Basic Needle Acupunture:
- Technique: Basic needle acupuncture involves inserting thin, sterile needles into specific
points on the body.
- Stimulation: The needles are manually manipulated by the practitioner, either with gentle rotations or by applying slight pressure.
- Traditional Practice: Basic needle acupuncture is deeply rooted in traditional Chinese medicine principles and has been practiced for thousands of years.
- Individualized Treatment: The selection of acupuncture points and the depth of needle insertion are tailored to the individual’s condition and specific needs.
- Sensations: Patients may experience sensations such as tingling, warmth, or a dull ache at the needle insertion site, known as “de qi.”
Electric Needle Acupunture:
- Technique: Electric acupuncture involves the use of needles like basic needle acupuncture, but with the addition of electrical stimulation.
- Stimulation: After inserting the needles, electrodes are attached, and a low-frequency electrical current is applied to the needles.
- Enhanced Stimulation: The electrical stimulation enhances the effects of the acupuncture treatment by providing continuous or pulsating stimulation to the targeted points.
- Increased Control: Electric acupuncture allows the practitioner to precisely adjust the frequency and intensity of the electrical current to suit the patient’s condition.
- Pain Management: Electric acupuncture is commonly used for pain management, as the electrical stimulation can help alleviate discomfort and promote healing.
Laser Needle Acupunture:
- Technique: Laser acupuncture utilizes low-level laser beams instead of needles to stimulate acupuncture points.
- Stimulation: The laser device emits a concentrated light beam that is directed onto the acupuncture points on the body, without any penetration.
- Non-Invasive: Laser acupuncture is a non-invasive technique, making it suitable for individuals who may have a fear of needles or those with sensitive skin.
- Pain-Free: The treatment is generally pain-free, as the laser does not cause any physical sensation on the skin.
- Precision and Safety: Laser acupuncture allows for precise targeting of acupuncture points and reduces the risk of injury or infection associated with needle insertion.